St. George’s is pleased to announce the resumption of in-person worship services on Sundays at 10am.
It is our goal to provide as safe and welcoming opportunity to worship God to our congregation and community. We are delighted to be able to worship and pray together in our building. We intend with our policies and protocols to make our in-person worship as low risk as possible for everyone and we will strive to protect to the best of our ability those attending for worship and our volunteers.
We wish to make our worship as welcoming and as safe as possible, but if you are uncomfortable or concerned with the protocols or policies that we have put in place to lower the risk of spreading the virus, please consider participating with us online.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact our priest, Canon Rob Park at 905-877-8044 ext. 2 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Pre-Register each week as Capacity is Limited
For those who would like to worship in-person on Sunday, you may now begin to register to join us. There will be a limited number of seats available on Sunday for unregistered folks who wish to attend.
- Please call or email the office and provide us with the names and phone numbers of all who will be coming from your household. (905-877-8044 ext.1, or email@example.com)
- Pre-registration for Sunday ends on Friday at Noon.
- We are have a total attendance capacity of 50 people. We will cap pre-registration so that a small number of seats will be available at the door.
- If you register before noon Friday but we have too many registered, we will contact you and offer you seats for the following week. (You may still come that Sunday and try for one of the seats we kept available for folks who come the door, but you may be turned away if we are at our capacity.)
What to Expect
Arriving on Sunday, you will be greeted by the familiar sort of screening and rules that are present currently in many public places.
- There will be screening, sanitizing, contact tracing protocols to observe when you arrive.
- Masks and social distancing will be required in the building.
- NOTE: Proof of Vaccination is not required to attend. (Vaccination, when eligible and if medically able, is strongly encouraged by our priest, Canon Rob Park.)
We, like many of you, wish that we could worship with the ease and safety that we did pre-pandemic, but with current safety concerns and our full desire to worship as safely as possible, St. George’s wants you to be prepared for some of the temporary differences and limitations that are in place.
- There will only be one service on Sunday, 10am.
- Our service will be held in the parish hall.
- The order of service will be from the Book of Alternative Services and it will be projected on the screen.
- Seating will be limited to 50 people at worship with chairs spaced to meet required social distancing requirements.
- There will be no congregational singing.
- Communion will be offered to you at your seat and it will be only in “one kind”. (You will receive a wafer only.)
- There will be no formal “coffee hour” social time offered after the service.
- There will be no additional programming (church school or nursery care) offered during the service.
Thank you for your understanding and patience with us. These are difficult times and all of us are doing our best to help us get through this pandemic safely.
God bless and strengthen us.